Last updated: January 23, 2017
TensorFlow is a fast moving project. In order for the community to better understand what the near future will bring, this document shares what we are working on internally. Many of these features were requested by the community, and we welcome contributions.
The features on this list are targeted for the next few months. At this point, we do not have timelines for these features.
Improve non-Python language support
- Support for adding gradient computation for graphs constructed in other languages (C++, Java, Go etc.)
Making TensorFlow easier to use
- High-level APIs
- Well-maintained models showing best practices
- Speed and memory benchmarks
- Distributed full model benchmarks
- Performance and memory usage improvements
- Automatic op placement (#2126)
- Support for graph-level functions
- OpenCL support (#22)
- More educational resources
- Better integration of TensorFlow into the opensource big data ecosystem (e.g. #2655)